Indian man, 45, declared dead after a road accident found ALIVE

Indian man, 45, who was declared dead after a road accident found ALIVE after a night in morgue freezer

  • Srikesh Kumar, 45, was hit by motorbike in Moradabad, east of New Delhi
  • Mr Kumar was in critical condition and taken to clinic where declared dead 
  • Was put in government hospital morgue freezer for six hours overnight
  • Family arrived and sister-in-law Madhu Bala saw he was actually alive in now viral video 

An Indian man who was in a road accident and had been declared dead was found alive in a morgue freezer by his astounded family members the next day.

Srikesh Kumar, 45. an electrician, was taken to a clinic in a critical condition after being hit by a motorbike in Moradabad, which is east of the capital New Delhi.  

The 45-year-old was taken to a private medical facility where a doctor declared him dead on arrival.

He was then taken to a government hospital for a post-mortem on Friday. 

Police were informed and the body was put in the morgue freezer until his family arrived six hours later.

Police were informed and the body was put in the morgue freezer until his family arrived six hours later. 

The medical superintendent said: ‘When a police team and his family came over to initiate the paperwork for the autopsy, he was found alive.’

According to The Times of India, a document was signed by family members agreeing to an autopsy and they had identified the body.

But Mr Kumar’s sister-in-law Madhu Bala noticed he was showing signs of movement.

Ms Bala says in a now viral video: ‘He’s not at all dead. How did this happen? Look, he wants to say something, he is breathing.’

Chief medical superintendent of Moradabad Dr Shiv Singh said: ‘The emergency medical officer had seen the patient at 3 am and there was no heartbeat.  

 ‘He had examined the man multiple times.’

Srikesh Kumar, 45, appears to move in the video to the amazement of his family after spending six hours in a morgue fridge and being declared dead the night before

Dr Singh said he was declared dead at the time but in the morning a police team and his family found him alive.

The case was called one of the ‘rarest’ by Dr Singh and said ‘we cannot call it negligence.’ 

He said an investigation into how he came to be mistakenly declared dead has been ordered.

The man is still in a coma and the team are working on saving his life at a medical centre in Meerut.      

His sister-in-law Ms Bala said he is yet to regain consciousness and that his family will lodge a complaint against the doctors for negligence.

Ms Bala said the doctors almost killed her brother-in-law by putting him into the freezer.  

An investigation will be done into why Mr Kumar was declared dead in the India incident 

Share this article

Source: Read Full Article