Hope Hicks joins Trump at rally after both recovered from Covid-19 and jokes 'now we can share a microphone'

HOPE Hicks took center stage at Donald Trump's rally on Friday – just over two weeks since she tested positive for Covid-19.

The president and First Lady Melania Trump tested positive for the virus on October 2 after they were in close contact with Hicks.

⚠️ Follow our US election 2020 live blog for the latest news & updates

Yesterday, Trump urged a reluctant Hicks to greet his supporters in Ocala, FA, touting her speedy recovery after her coronavirus diagnosis on October 1.

"Speaking of hope, Hope Hicks is here – where's Hope?" he said. "The great Hope Hicks – you know, she tested positive but she's ok.

"We want Hope, right? I used to say, 'we want Hope' and all these crazy people would say 'yeah, we want Hope!' … C'mere Hope!"

As Hicks approached the podium, Trump clapped and said "she's shy but not that shy" as the crowd shouted her name.

"Hi," a beaming Hicks said during her brief address. "We can share a microphone now!

"Thank you all so much and thank you, President Trump – I have stage fright, so," she laughed before waving and walking off the stage.

After Hicks' diagnosis earlier this month, Trump's White House was battling an outbreak after more staffers tested positive.

These included Trump's Press Secretary Kayleigh McEnany on October 5 and two of her deputies, CNN reported at the time.

The president revealed he and Melania contracted the virus after coming into contact with Hicks throughout the week.

Hicks began feeling sick during a visit to Minnesota on September 30, where the Trump campaign held a re-election rally.

The top aide to the president had previously traveled to Cleveland, Ohio, for Trump's first debate against his Dem rival Joe Biden.

During his NBC News Town Hall this week, Trump told moderator Savannah Guthrie he couldn't remember all the times he had been tested.

Trump said he had "no problem" on Tuesday, September 29, and "probably" did a test that day ahead of his positive result on Thursday, October 1.

"I don't know. I don't even remember," he said when the moderator Guthrie pressed him for an answer. "Possibly I did, possibly I didn't."

"There was no problem before," he said, adding that he didn't recall all the times he'd been tested. "After the debate, I guess a day or so.

"Thursday evening – maybe even late Thursday evening, I tested positive."

Source: Read Full Article