We will use your email address only for sending you newsletters. Please see our Privacy Notice for details of your data protection rights.
Strictly Come Dancing has been thrown into chaos this week after several members of the BBC team were forced to step back from the show due to the latest coronavirus restrictions. Nicola Adams pulled out of the show after Katya Jones tested positive for Covid-19, Rylan Clark-Neal had to be replaced on It Takes Two as he self-isolates and Motsi Mabuse will miss Saturday’s live show. All of this drama has led to bookmakers predicting the entire series will be cancelled.
Bookmakers Ladbrokes have slashed the odds of Strictly being cancelled to just 5/4.
Ladbrokes’ Jessica O’Reilly said: “Strictly fans need to cross their fingers and toes as at this stage it’s not out of the realms of possibility the series is axed before the finale following further drama off-screen.”
Strictly fans feared the series wouldn’t go ahead at all earlier in the year but the BBC show found a way to make it work amid Government restrictions.
Anton Du Beke’s addition to the Strictly judging panel is the latest in a long line of shake-ups.
Read more: Motsi Mabuse posts snap sharing real reason for missing Strictly
Earlier in the week, it was announced Nicola and Katya are self-isolating separately following the professional’s Covid positive test result.
Katya is asymptomatic and Nicola tested negative but the pair will exit the competition as they follow current Government guidelines.
Meanwhile, on Thursday Rylan explained he will be missing the next two weeks of Strictly spin-off It Takes Two after coming into contact with someone who tested positive for coronavirus.
Updating his Twitter fans, he shared: “I found out this week that someone I have been in recent contact with outside of work has tested positive for coronavirus.
“I am therefore now following the Government guidelines and having to self-isolate. I have sought a COVID test and thankfully that has returned a negative result.
“That does mean I will miss the next two weeks of Strictly It Takes Two and my BBC Radio 2 Saturday show.
“I look forward to being back soon and wish all the couples good luck for the weekend.”
BBC presenter and Strictly alumni Gethin Jones will stand in for Rylan until he’s able to return to the show.
Ant and Dec promise ‘horrific’ I’m A Celebrity Bushtucker Trials [INSIGHT]
I’m A Celebrity: Uri Geller says insect from trial crawled out of him [INTERVIEW]
I’m A Celebrity: Shane Richie wants Alfie Moon to return to EastEnders [LATEST]
Later on Thursday, Motsi Mabuse announced she has been forced to miss Saturday’s live show after taking an “urgent” trip to Germany.
A BBC spokesperson told Express.co.uk: “Motsi had to make an essential journey and will now be isolating for 14 days as per government guidelines.
“We look forward to welcoming her back to the Strictly studio in a few weeks.”
Motsi will miss the next two live shows but will be making a virtual appearance from the comfort of her home.
However, Craig Revel Horwood and Shirley Ballas won’t be alone in the studio.
The BBC revealed Anton will be joining them this weekend to help fill the void left by Motsi and Bruno Tonioli, who remains in America.
An announcement was made on the show’s official Twitter account which read: “We are pleased to announce that the King of Ballroom Anton du Beke is stepping into our Judging panel this weekend.
“Good luck, Anton,” the statement concluded.
Strictly Come Dancing continues Saturday at 7:10pm on BBC One.
Source: Read Full Article