Armie Hammer stars in Death on the Nile trailer after sexual assault allegations

To view this video please enable JavaScript, and consider upgrading to a webbrowser thatsupports HTML5video

The trailer for Death on the Nile has been released, with Armie Hammer starring in his first film role since sexual assault allegations were levelled against him earlier this year.

Some viewers have claimed his scenes have been ‘cut around’ in the trailer for the upcoming movie, which also stars Black Panther star Letitia Wright, and Wonder Woman star Gal Gadot.

Sir Kenneth Branagh stars as Hercule Poirot in the adaptation of the Agatha Christie novel, with the actor taking a prominent role in the trailer as he tries to pinpoint the murderer on board the ship.

Hammer, who denied the allegations, doesn’t appear much in the clip, with viewers reacting on social media.

One wrote: ‘The new Death on the Nile trailer really said “we know Armie Hammer is still in the movie, but we’re not showing you Armie Hammer is still in the movie.”‘

Another said: ‘The way they absolutely dont want you to know armie hammer is in this movie lmao.’

‘Lmfaooo they ZOOMED past every scene with armie hammer,’ one more fan wrote, with another adding: ‘Strong effort from the editor here to cut around Armie Hammer as much as they could.’

Earlier this year, Hammer, 34, vehemently denied allegations of sexual assault and cannibalism.  

A 24-year-old woman, known as Effie, claimed to have had an on/off relationship with Hammer for four years after meeting him on Facebook in 2016. 

She alleged that he had ‘violently’ assaulted her for four hours, repeatedly hitting her head against a wall. 

The only public statement Hammer has made was in January when explaining why he was stepping away from the rom-com Marry Me, stating: ‘I’m not responding to these bulls**t claims but in light of the vicious and spurious online attacks against me, I cannot in good conscience now leave my children for four months to shoot a film in the Dominican Republic.’  

Hammer’s lawyer also called the allegations ‘outrageous’ and issued a statement to Metro.co.uk, while sharing screenshots of an alleged exchange between Effie and Hammer.  

The statement read: ‘Effie’s own correspondence with Mr. Hammer undermines and refutes her outrageous allegations. As recently as July 18, 2020, [she] sent graphic texts to Mr. Hammer telling him what she wanted him to do to her. Mr. Hammer responded making it clear that he did not want to maintain that type of relationship with her. The screenshot below is just one of hundreds [she] sent to Mr. Hammer.

‘It was never Mr. Hammer’s intention to embarrass or expose her fetishes or kinky sexual desires, but she has now escalated this matter to another level by hiring a civil lawyer to host a public press conference. With the truth on his side, Mr. Hammer welcomes the opportunity to set the record straight.’ 

He continued: ‘From day one, Mr. Hammer has maintained that all of his interactions with [her] — and every other sexual partner of his for that matter — have been completely consensual, discussed and agreed upon in advance, and mutually participatory. [Her] attention seeking and ill-advised legal bid will only make it more difficult for real victims of sexual violence to get the justice they deserve.’ 

Hammer split from his wife Chambers in July 2020 and they released a joint statement explaining that their children were their ‘priority’ in the divorce.

Metro.co.uk has contacted reps for Disney/20th Century Fox and Armie Hammer’s lawyer for comment.

Got a story?

If you’ve got a celebrity story, video or pictures get in touch with the Metro.co.uk entertainment team by emailing us celebtips@metro.co.uk, calling 020 3615 2145 or by visiting our Submit Stuff page – we’d love to hear from you.

Source: Read Full Article