My family hates my jailbird boyfriend and I'm turning to drink to cope

DEAR DEIDRE: WHEN my boyfriend comes round the family refuse to welcome him.

He was not allowed in my home without social services for a year because he has a conviction for downloading underage content. He told me it was a mistake and a friend of his tricked him into opening it.

We have been together for three years and although he can get angry because of his conviction, he makes me happy.

I wish my family would see how good he is for me.

I’m 39 and he’s 45. I have a daughter of 13 and a son who’s 11. My boyfriend has said he wants to move to a new area because people around here know about his conviction and he doesn’t feel safe going out.

I want to move with him. I’ve also been drinking because of all this stress but working hard to cut back.

Get in touch with Deidre today

My team and I are working safely from home but we are here to help you as always.

Send an email to

Every problem gets a personal reply, usually within 24 hours weekdays.

You can also send a private message on the DearDeidreOfficial Facebook page.

Follow me on Twitter @deardeidre.

DEIDRE SAYS: There is an alarm bell ringing. He has this conviction and you have two children in your care. They don’t get a say in who comes into their home but you do and you must put them first.

Contact the NSPCC (, 0808 800 5000) to talk in confidence about your situation.

They can support you. Your family will have your best interests and those of your children in mind.

But also, well done for recognising you have a drinking problem and for trying to deal with it. You can find more help from

NEXT IN TODAY'S DEAR DEIDRE I'm falling in love with a soldier I met online, should I send him money?

READ DEIDRE'S NEW PHOTO CASEBOOK Lola resents having her boyfriend's mum in their social bubble

GOT a story? RING The Sun on 0207 782 4104 or WHATSAPP on 07423720250 or EMAIL

Source: Read Full Article