Strictly: Janette Manrara discusses Aljaz's 'bond' with Sara
We use your sign-up to provide content in ways you’ve consented to and to improve our understanding of you. This may include adverts from us and 3rd parties based on our understanding. You can unsubscribe at any time. More info
It Takes Two host Janette Manrara has told how she wouldn’t want to be competing on this year’s series of Strictly Come Dancing after shocking fans with her departure from the dance floor this year. The star, 38, announced that she was moving to the popular dance programme’s spin-off show earlier this year, and it seems that the wife of dance professional Aljaz Skorjanec made the right choice following her assessment of this year’s contestants.
I would not want to be competing this year. It’s a good one
Speaking exclusively to Express.co.uk at the Together For Short Lives charity event, the Miami native shared her thoughts on the series so far.
When asked which couples were strong contenders for the coveted Glitterball trophy, Janette admitted that it was too unpredictable to guess.
She said: “I feel like it’s one of those series this year where you just genuinely don’t know what’s going to happen.
“I feel like it’s anybody’s chance to get to the final and because there’s only three people in the final since we lost Rob, it’s always a tough competition.”
Janette added: “I would not want to be competing this year. It’s a good one.”
After eight years on Strictly as a professional dancer, Janette took a step away from her dancing role to take on presenting responsibilities on It Takes Two.
Speaking about the transition away from the main programme, she said: “I knew that I love dancing and being a part of the show.
“But I feel like having been taken out of it, I realise just how much I love Strictly and I’m obsessed with the pro dancers and the hair, make-up and wardrobe team and the crew that worked with us.
“And I mean, it’s just such a family when you do it for as many years as I did.”
“It just becomes like a second home,” she added.
The star revealed that she tries to make the live shows on a Saturday night so she can support her former co-stars from the studio.
Janette explained: “And I go on every or as many Saturdays as I can, I try to go to at least watch behind the scenes on the night, live, just because it just feels so natural for me to be there.
“So I didn’t realise just how much of a connection I had with Elstree Studios when we filmed the show,” she went on.
Janette now hosts It Takes Two alongside Rylan Clark-Neal.
However, yesterday, the star had an exciting announcement which she shared with BBC Radio 2 presenter Zoe Ball.
Appearing on her Breakfast Show, Zoe said: “So, you have exclusive news. Can you put us out of our misery, Janette?
“I’ve got a drum roll and everything. Here we go, Janette Manrara with huge news.”
“I am going to be presenting the Strictly Come Dancing Live Tour 2022,” the professional dancer announced.
Janette went on to reveal that despite “primarily hosting” the tour, she will also be taking to the dance floor again.
Strictly Come Dancing continues tonight at 6.35pm on BBC One.
Source: Read Full Article