Leah Kate is one of pop’s top rising acts, and we want Just Jared readers to get a chance to know her even better!
The newly debuted LA-based 26-year-old singer-songwriter’s already quickly found herself a devoted following, thanks to major placements on playlists like Spotify’s New Music Friday and Pop Rising, racking up hundreds of thousands of streams a day.
Her songs have already been big TikTok favorites, including “F–k Up the Friendship,” which resulted in over 30,000 videos set to the catchy hit. She’s also scored smashes in the form of tracks like “Bad Idea,” and her 2019 debut EP, Impulse.
Check out 10 Fun Facts about Leah Kate…
- 1. I rename my dog every day. He’s just so cute that I see something different in him every day. Today his new name is little donkey, but it will change tomorrow.
- 2. I am really good at getting restaurant reservations- not sure why I just have a way with people on the phone lol.
- 3. My pandemic hobby was baking banana bread.
- 4. I don’t stop until I get what I want- I am an insanely hard worker and don’t take no for an answer EVER.
- 5. “F–k Up the Friendship” is about a true story of a friend I started dating. It started with my song “Bad Idea” ( It was a bad idea to pursue him.) Then we ‘f–ked up the friendship,’ which led to that song. The final song on the EP “Used to This” gets into detail about the actual relationship.
- 6.I wake up at 4 AM every day and never sleep.
- 7. I am addicted to getting massages.
- 8. I write five songs a day on my voice notes alone.
- 9. I basically run my own record label out of my bedroom.
- 10. I lived in NYC for five years.
Source: Read Full Article