- Ariana Grande announced her engagement to Dalton Gomez on Sunday.
- Her asymmetrical ring has an oval diamond and a round pearl, which fans believe is a family heirloom.
- In 2014, Grande's grandma (whom she calls Nonna) gave her a ring set with the pearl from her late grandpa's tie pin: "she says he told her in a dream it'd protect me."
- Grande also captioned her announcement post "forever n then some," which is the same caption she used for a photo of her grandparents in 2018.
- Grande was very close with her grandpa, Frank Grande, who died in 2014 after a long battle with cancer.
- Visit Insider's homepage for more stories.
Ariana Grande announced her engagement on Sunday, and possibly paid tribute to her beloved grandparents.
The 27-year-old "Positions" singer posted a slideshow of photos with her fiancé, Dalton Gomez, as well as two photos displaying new jewelry on her ring finger.
Shortly after Grande shared the news of her engagement, which was confirmed by her brother on Twitter, fans drew a connection to her late grandpa.
Grande's ring has an asymmetrical oval diamond and a round pearl, set side-by-side in a gold band.
Back in 2014, Grande's grandma gave her a similar gold ring, which she had set with the pearl from her grandpa's tie pin.
"she says he told her in a dream it'd protect me," Grande wrote on Twitter.
Many fans believe that Gomez had the same heirloom repurposed for Grande's engagement ring.
The "Victorious" actress was very close with her grandpa, Frank Grande, who died in 2014 after a long battle with cancer. She often called him her "best friend," and called herself "grandpa's girl."
She even has a tattoo in his honor: the word "bellisima" on her ribcage, Italian for "beautiful," which is what he used to call her.
Of course, Grande remains close with her grandma, Marjorie Grande, whom she calls Nonna. She has frequently praised her grandparents' lasting marriage and tweeted in 2012, "Someday I want a love like my Nonna and Grandpa have."
In fact, Grande captioned her announcement post "forever n then some" — which is the same caption she used for a photo of her grandparents in 2018.
Fans are gushing over Grande's engagement and the apparent family connection.
Source: Read Full Article